Let the other artists starve.
You love sharing your art with the world, and making money while you’re at it! You’ve spent hours finding a style all your own, painting over countless canvases and fretting about being predictable. But you finally feel like a master of your craft (well, sort of). Now you need to master your business too. And then you can get back to your easel!
I’ll arm you with knowledge so you can harness control of your business, finally pricing how you’ve dreamt & totally rocking your marketing strategy. It’s everything you didn’t learn in art school, for a fraction of the cost!
You’ll feel confident, laser-focused, and seriously successful. And you’ll get handed money in exchange for your most gorgeous pieces. All. The. Time.
The Varnish Track is a one-on-one program to brush up on the next steps to grow your art business. Laura will work with you on your whole art business, with 2-3 focus topics getting the most attention to make a big impact on your success.
This Track is perfect if you’ve been selling your art for a while and you’re making good money, but boy do you want to make great money from your art business! It’s also a good fit if you know how to sell your art, but you need someone keeping you focused and holding you accountable for taking big action.
Length: 4 months
Topics: 2-3 focus topics (like art licensing, growing your email list, or selling wholesale)
Please click the button below to apply for my consulting programs (no obligation). I can only take on 6 consulting clients at a time (across all tracks) to be able to offer the very best attention for each artist. Apply as soon as you know you’re interested because I’m usually booked a couple months in advance.
“You are awesome! I really appreciate all of your input, guidance and advice. You’re saving me sooooo much time (vs if I had to figure it all out by myself).” – Sondra
How are we going to accomplish all of this? Easy.
– We kick off the whole shebang with a 2-3 hour call. I come into this intensive having studied your current web presence and ready to discuss where you want to head in your business. During your Intensive, I’ll get to know your personality and preferences so I can create a plan that’s perfect for you & your art. And then we’ll dive straight into your first assignments to put you on the path to sales.
Action Plan & Business Plan
– We leave the intensive with a clear plan and a drawn out timeline for finding customers and making more money in your art business. During the first three months together, I’ll also write a Marketing Plan and a Revenue Plan for you to give you a clear picture of how your art business survives (and thrives!).
– Sometimes we need to hash things out live, get you past some blocks, maybe work out exactly how you’ll set up your product photos… Chat with me every other week on the phone or Zoom. In between sessions, you’ll have lots of homework to keep you busy and I’ll check in to make sure you’re consistently on track with our plan.
Unlimited Email Access
– I never want you feeling stuck or stagnant in between our live sessions. Fortunately, I type faster than a cheetah hot on a zebra’s ass. Email me to get unstuck, fast. Things are back and forth, flowing, relaxed. I teach you and give you some action steps, then you implement and email me back with questions. It works with ease, freeing up your mind for the important stuff.
– Your website is the face of your business (well, aside from your sweet & smiley face!) so it needs to be the perfect showcase for your art. I’ll make sure every bit of your site is effective at turning visitors into customers.
– I run through your text with a fine-toothed comb and help you adjust for grammar, spelling, and consistency. Being that I’m a grammar-obsessed crazy pants, I’m pretty good at being your leading lady of copyediting.
Service provided for homepage, about page, and up to 10 product listings.
– Sometimes you think someone is going to be a good fit, and then they’re not. If we work together for a few days and things just aren’t working out, you’ll get a full refund.
“If you haven’t figured out… this is the week when I freak out that I am done with fabulous Laura (aka the best thing that ever happened to my art career!) I do think you have a gift for this work and guiding artists into the light of PR and selling art! (something many of us desperately need! I know I did!)” – Christina
How much time do I need to commit?
Most people can make enough progress with 1-2 hours a day or 7 hours in a week. But like most things in life, the more time you give to something the better it turns out. I give homework based on each individual client’s time availability for their business. If you’ve got twenty hours, I can fill it. But if you only have seven, we’ll make it work.
In addition to this time, we have bi-weekly calls (Zoom or telephone, your pick) that last about thirty minutes. They’re a chance for us to connect on a personal level, discuss more difficult concepts, and assign homework. Consulting calls are only effective if you get the help you need so that you can move on and get back to business. I’ve found that limiting phone time forces both of us to focus so you do get that specific help and can get back to creating art or implementing business strategies.
You can, of course, email me at any time to get an answer to a question before our call or for any other reason. I love this because if you have a call on Tuesday and then run into an obstacle on Wednesday, you’re not waiting 13 days to get that problem fixed. We talk it over through email and you can keep progressing each day until our next session.
Am I going to feel like one of hundreds of other artists you’re working with?
I only work with 6 artists at a time. I’ve found that this is the most I can keep up with and still deliver the personalized attention and real connection with my clients that is essential to an effective consulting relationship. If I can’t remember what your art looks like because I work with so many people, then how can I advise you on what will work for YOUR business?
Will we talk about general business tips and strategies or will we look at what I need to do to grow my own business?
100% the latter. I thoroughly believe that every business is different – even every art business. Hell, even every painter’s business! Your goals and the life you’re looking for are unique, the people who buy your art are unique, your personal preferences are unique. You should have a business that is a reflection of all that uniqueness going on and my job is to help you get there. Rest assured I will teach you things I believe will work for your unique situation.
How do I know if we’ll get along?
I happily offer a little get-to-know you meeting before you commit. It’s a great chance to chat like friends and see if our personalities fit. It’s no fun to work in-depth with someone you don’t really like – for you or for me. This call is also a good opportunity to ask me questions so you can make a confident decision about working with me.
Will I be pushed? Will I have to leave my comfort zone?
It depends on where your comfort zone is, but typically you will have to leave it. I don’t believe you can build a successful business without leaving your comfort zone. I have weaknesses too, but one of my greatest strengths is the way in which I push the people I teach. You won’t feel bullied, but rather lovingly compelled to accomplish something that moves your business forward. And when you do accomplish it, we celebrate. Because I understand how much personal strength it takes to push through resistance and do something scary and that deserves to be celebrated.
How much does it cost?
The Varnish Track is $5500 (discount available if you pay in full before our first session). Other consulting packages range from $250 for one session to $11,000 for 11 months.
Consulting isn’t for everyone and I want to make sure each artist I work with is going to get the most out of our time together. Please apply by filling out the form below. You’ll receive confirmation within 48 hours and if I know I can help you we will set up a time to talk about which package is right for you (effectiveness for your current level, time commitment, and financial investment).
Also remember that I can only take on 6 consulting clients at a time to be able to offer the very best attention for each artist. Apply as soon as you know you’re interested because I may be booked a couple months in advance.
Have questions? I’d love for us to discuss the future of your life as an artist. If this is what is in your heart, you have to make it happen! You’re worth it. Let’s do this! You can apply here for a free 30 minute chat with me about your business and whether consulting with me is the right fit for you.
“Thank you for all your wonderful help last year, it is paying off this year and I’m very happy in my new career.” – Joi